From Audacity Development Manual
Peter 14Jul14: ToDo-2 Feature request from AU14 attendee: "Manual to show practical uses of the more complicated analysis parts" .
This page lists tutorials that provide step-by-step instructions for performing common tasks in Audacity.
- How to import an audio file into Audacity (for example, an MP3 music file), edit it, then export the result.
- Detailed instructions on connecting your audio source (be it a microphone, guitar or keyboard) to your computer, and then recording that source with Audacity.
- How to edit a narration to fit the pace of the background music, and fade down the music so your listeners can hear your narration, useful in particular for podcasts.
- A set of tutorials on making multi-track recordings, using three different specialist hardware configurations or using your computer's on-board sound card.
- Tips on how to make an audio loop with Audacity
- Detailed instructions on connecting your turntable, tape deck or MiniDisc player to your computer, recording from that device, then editing and exporting the recording so that you have separate audio files for each song on the original source ready to burn to a CD or import into a media player such as iTunes.
- How to record audio that is playing on the computer such as streaming audio from Internet websites.
- How to divide a recording into separate songs for export in preparation for burning those tracks to an audio CD or loading onto a portable player.
- Techniques which on some stereo tracks may allow you to remove or isolate vocals (or other parts of a recording) from the rest.
- How to make ringtones for your cellphone with Audacity and move them to the phone.
- How to import audio from CDs as WAV or AIFF files for editing in Audacity.
- Audacity does not burn CDs directly but audio files created with Audacity can be used with a CD burning program to create an audio CD.
- How to export audio files from Audacity for use in iTunes
- How to import files from iTunes for use in Audacity
The following tutorials provide sample workflows for common tasks using Audacity:
Peter 9Jun10 I have created this section on Example Workflows following discussions with Gale back in March. This should give these topics greater visibility and accessibility. These topics were formerly linked to from the tutorial on "Copying Tapes LPs or MiniDiscs to CD" - I have retained those links in that tutorial as well because these workflows have relevance to the general topic area.