Tutorial - Your First Recording
From Audacity Development Manual
(Made the new atomized tutorial set live for 1.3 14)
(marked as Ready for Proofreading)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<div class="editornote">[[Ready for </div>
Revision as of 11:49, 10 July 2011
This set of tutorials provide a guide to making your first microphone, guitar or keyboard recording with Audacity.
This tutorial has been broken into several sub-tutorials for ease of reading as there is a lot of material to read and digest. The following topics are covered and should be followed in the order presented here:
- Tutorial - Connecting Up
- Tutorial - Selecting Your Input
- Tutorial - Making a Test Recording
- Tutorial - Recording and Editing
Where to go from here
Take some time to play with Audacity. Record and edit more material. Practice editing. Try out different effects.
- Tutorial - Mixing a Narration With Background Music
- Tutorial - Copying tapes, LPs or minidiscs to CD
- Tutorial - Editing an Existing File
For more information
- Getting sound into Audacity: Audacity Wiki - Troubleshooting Recordings
- Improving Recording Quality: Audacity Wiki - Improving Recording Quality
- Editing a track: Edit Menu, Zooming
- Effects: Effect Menu
- Saving: Audacity Projects
- Exporting: File Menu > Export...
- If you need help and can't find it in the manual or the wiki, try visiting the Audacity Forum.