MIDI Devices Preferences
From Audacity Development Manual
- Accessed by: (on a Mac )
- MIDI Devices Preferences.
- Click on any other Preferences sections in the above image to read about those Preferences.
The interface that Audacity should use through PortMidi. The available options depend on the OS, but there is only one option for each OS:
- On Windows, it is MMSystem.
- On Mac, it is CoreMIDI.
- On Linux, it is ALSA.
- Device: The MIDI device to play to.
- MIDI Synthesizer Latency (ms): The latency field enables compensation for a MIDI device that has latency between receiving events and actually playing them - it provides a way to synchronize audio.