From Audacity Manual
To hear your work in other media programs, export it to an audio file.
To export as MP3, the optional Lame MP3 encoder must be installed.
You can install the optional FFmpeg library to export to many more audio formats including AC3, AMR(NB), M4A, MP4 and WMA.
- To export, choose burn a CD for standalone CD players, choose WAV or AIFF. then choose the file format you want to export to in the "Save as type" drop-down. To
- Use selected area of audio. to export only a
- Use labeled area in a single track.
to export multiple files at the same time, either one for each audio track, or one for each
- split the tracks from an album for multiple export as separate files. lets you
For either Export Audio, Export Selected Audio or Export Multiple, tracks on which the Mute button is pressed are not exported. There will be a warning if you export with all audio tracks muted.
See Export Audio Dialog for more help with exporting.
There are a number of audio formats that Audacity, as shipped, can export to; others can be added with additional software.
- As shipped available exports include WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP2.
- To export as MP3, the optional Lame MP3 encoder must be installed.
- You may install the optional FFmpeg library to export to many more audio formats including AC3, AMR(NB), M4A(AAC), MP4 and WMA.