How to get help
Do not worry. Here's how to get help.
Most common questions are answered in the Frequently Asked Questions and this should be the first place where you search for an answer to your problem.
Still got a question? Then the Audacity Audacity Forum is a great place to ask! A Forum member will have the answer, or will point you to where you can find it.
Searching the Forum
Many questions have been asked before, and you can obtain your answer just by searching! Look for the Search box top right of any Forum page, and enter some general words that relate to your question, separated by spaces. For example if you are recording from a USB turntable and cannot hear the records in Audacity, try entering:
USB turntable hear records
How to join
If you need to ask your question on the Forum, there is a quick and easy registration process.
- Go to the Forum Registration page.
- Agree to the Terms of Service, then enter the required information.
- Within minutes you will receive an account activation email. This is only so as to stop others signing you up when you do not want to. Click the link in this email to complete your registration, then you will be able to log in to the Forum and post your first question.
- Go to the login page, and click "Resend activation e-mail".
- You may need to search your Trash or Spam folders for the activation email. The email comes from Buanzo_at_audacityteam.org. If your email client has a whitelist system, you may need to add that address to your whitelist.
- Email Buanzo at that address in the case of any difficulties with registration.
Asking your question
Please post your question to the particular Forum that corresponds to your computer operating system (for example, Windows 10 or macOS 11.1 Big Sur) and state which version of Audacity you are using. This makes it much easier for us to help you. Click the "New Topic" button top left, then submit your question.
By default you will be subscribed to the topic you created and will receive an email when someone replies to you. You will not normally receive any other emails from the Forum unless you post to other topics. You can check the topics you posted to at any time by clicking "View your posts" near the top of any Forum page.