From Audacity Development Manual
Welcome to the "Getting Started" quick help guide for Audacity.
Get back here any time by clickingin the Audacity application.
- Learn how to:
- import and play an existing audio file
- record your voice, guitar, standard turntable or tape deck
- record with a USB device (USB turntable, USB tape deck or USB audio interface)
- Select audio to work on
- edit sounds, including applying effects
- save or open an Audacity project
- export to an MP3 or other audio file
- burn to a CD
See also the Audacity Tour Guide for a quick tour of selected features of Audacity.