Tutorial - Your First Recording
This tutorial has been broken into several sub-tutorials for ease of reading as there is a lot of material to read and digest. The following topics are covered and should be followed in the order presented here:
- Tutorial - Connecting Up
- Tutorial - Selecting Your Recording Device
- Tutorial - Making a Test Recording
- Tutorial - Recording and Editing
Where to go from here
Take some time to play with Audacity. Record and edit more material. Practice editing. Try out different effects.
- Tutorial - Mixing a Narration With Background Music
- Tutorial - Copying tapes, LPs or MiniDiscs to CD
- Tutorial - Editing an Existing Audio File
- Tutorial - Audacity Settings for Recording
For more information
- Getting sound into Audacity: Troubleshooting Recordings
- Improving Recording Quality: Audacity Wiki - Improving Recording Quality
- Editing a track: Edit Menu and Zooming
- Effects: Effect Menu
- Saving: Audacity Projects
- Exporting: File > Export > Export Audio...
- If you need help and cannot find it in the Manual or the Wiki, try visiting the Audacity Forum.