From Audacity Development Manual
An example of creating clips, and how they can be expanded.
:A selection in a clip
- After (note: the clips have been renamed for clarity)
- Clip "C2" can be dragged into a new audio track and then split into three clips (note: the clips have been renamed for clarity)
Note the double-headed arrow cursor to the right of clip "C2c" indicating that it can be expanded
- After expanding clip "C2c"
When a new clip is created from an existing clip, the new clip contains all the audio contained in the clip it was created from
- Clip "C2b" can be dragged into a new audio track
- Clip "C2b" (now in the third audio track) can be expanded both left and right.