- Accessed by:
- There is no dialog associated with this command
Preferences and Export settings reset
Using Reset Configuration will reset all your Audacity Preferences settings to their default "factory settings".
Any modules will no longer be listed on the modules preferences page, and will be searched for afresh next time you restart Audacity.
Any export format settings from your last use of any export command will be reset to default by using Reset Configuration
Using this command will also reset all your toolbars to their default "factory settings": sizing, positioning and settings. This is analogous to using.
- Tools toolbar: reset to "I-beam" Selection tool
- Meter toolbars: recording and playback meters are both reset to Gradient style, dB type and Automatic orientation
- Device toolbar: this is reset to the default Host with the default Recording and Playback devices for your computer - and reset to 2-channel stereo
- Selection toolbar: reset to show:
- Start and End of Selection
- Time format reset to hh:mm:ss + milliseconds
- Snap-To is reset to be "off"
- Project Rate reset to the default 44,100 Hz
- Time toolbar: resets the time format to hh:mm:ss
What is not reset
Settings in Effects Generators and Analyzers
- User Presets that you have saved for any Effect, Generator or Analyzer will not be removed by Reset Configuration.
- Importantly this includes equalization settings you may have made in Filter Curve EQ and Graphic EQ.
- Last-used parameter settings that you may have used in any Effect, Generator or Analyzer are not reset to default values.
- If you need or want to reset these to Factory default values for any particular Effect, Generator or Analyzer please use the button and choose Factory Presets.
The recent files available fromis not cleared and remains intact.
Any plug-ins that you have added will not be removed.
Macros that you have created will not be removed or altered by using this command.
If you require a full reset to make all Audacity settings the way the were when Audacity was installed then please see this FAQ.